Re: [OAUTH-WG] draft-ietf-oauth-jwt-bearer-08 & subject issue

Hannes Tschofenig <hannes.tschofenig@gmx.net> Thu, 24 April 2014 07:11 UTC

Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 09:09:48 +0200
From: Hannes Tschofenig <hannes.tschofenig@gmx.net>
To: Brian Campbell <bcampbell@pingidentity.com>
Cc: "oauth@ietf.org" <oauth@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] draft-ietf-oauth-jwt-bearer-08 & subject issue

Hi Brian,

I read through the thread and the Google case is a bit different since
they are using the client authentication part of the JWT bearer spec.
There I don't see the privacy concerns either.

I am, however, focused on the authorization grant where the subject is
in most cases the resource owner.

It is possible to put garbage into the subject element when privacy
protection is needed for the resource owner case but that would need to
be described in the document; currently it is not there.

Ciao
Hannes