Re: [OAUTH-WG] proposed agenda for second interim meeting

Eran Hammer-Lahav <eran@hueniverse.com> Wed, 03 February 2010 17:34 UTC

From: Eran Hammer-Lahav <eran@hueniverse.com>
To: Anthony Nadalin <tonynad@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 10:34:07 -0700
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: OAuth WG <oauth@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] proposed agenda for second interim meeting

Hi Anthony,

The problem with this approach is that it hasn't worked (multiple times) before because no one ever wants to do the work of collecting and writing the use cases. What we get instead are short cryptic lists and pointers to edge cases. We have a good grasp on how OAuth 1.0 is used and its limitations as addressed by the WRAP draft.

The best use of my time is to continue working on the drafts and asking technical questions whenever a decision is needed. If and when someone writes use cases, I will review those and see if they are supported by the drafts.

I will leave it up to the chairs to decide how they want to guide the working group.

EHL