Re: [OAUTH-WG] proposed agenda for second interim meeting

Eran Hammer-Lahav <eran@hueniverse.com> Wed, 03 February 2010 07:24 UTC

From: Eran Hammer-Lahav <eran@hueniverse.com>
To: Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter@stpeter.im>, OAuth WG <oauth@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 00:24:46 -0700
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] proposed agenda for second interim meeting

Please add:

- Discuss Adobe's recent request to allow excluding the host/port from the signed message.

- With regards to #4, how should the challenge identify the token to be used (realm comes free, do we need another)?

- Should a single token support multiple signature algorithms? This has implications as to the information the client has to include with the request (the algorithm used, etc.).

- Where should the token structure live? OAuth 1.0 includes two response parameters (token and token_secret). However, since we are now moving towards having the algorithm part of the token definition, as well as duration and other attributes, the server will need to provide this information to the client. This calls for a simple schema (can be any format but need to agree to consistent names). It is currently part of the authorization/delegation draft (implicitly), but we should discuss moving it to the authentication draft since that's where it is used (the authorization draft simply hands those "things" out).

EHL