Re: [OAUTH-WG] Dynamic Client Registration Conference Call: Thu 22 Aug, 2pm PDT

Justin Richer <jricher@mitre.org> Mon, 19 August 2013 14:30 UTC

Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 10:26:51 -0400
From: Justin Richer <jricher@mitre.org>
To: Phil Hunt <phil.hunt@oracle.com>
Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] Dynamic Client Registration Conference Call: Thu 22 Aug, 2pm PDT

I agree that dynamic registration isn't needed to solve *all* of the
different use cases. It solves its set of specific problems (and does so
well, if you ask me), but there are and will always be things that it
won't work for, and that's fine. That's why I've suggested under a
separate thread that the other drafts go forward separately and that
DynReg not be hung up on them. We're fundamentally solving different use
cases, and there is no magic solution that will solve all the problems
at once.

  -- Justin