Re: [OPSAWG] AD Reviewofdraft-ietf-opsawg-smi-datatypes-in-xsd-05.txt

"David Harrington" <ietfdbh@comcast.net> Wed, 17 June 2009 16:32 UTC

From: David Harrington <ietfdbh@comcast.net>
To: "'tom.petch'" <cfinss@dial.pipex.com>, "'Natale, Bob'" <RNATALE@mitre.org>, "'Romascanu, Dan (Dan)'" <dromasca@avaya.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 12:32:12 -0400
Cc: opsawg@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [OPSAWG] AD Reviewofdraft-ietf-opsawg-smi-datatypes-in-xsd-05.txt

Hi,

This document is not a "greenfield" document. Unless Bob gets all the
authors of SMIv2 and its predecessors and the earlier versions of this
document to grant permission to apply the new rfc5378 copyright terms
to this document, from my perspective, it is correct to use the
pre5378 clause.

I believe Bob will have a hard time reaching some of the authors, who
have stopped participating in IETF and whose contact information is no
longer valid.

I think idnits correctly prompts authors to understand and verify that
not using the pre5378 clause is the correct choice from a legal
perspective.

dbh