Re: [OPSEC] Ted Lemon's Discuss on draft-ietf-opsec-dhcpv6-shield-05: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

Fernando Gont <fgont@si6networks.com> Sun, 08 February 2015 18:09 UTC

Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2015 15:08:52 -0300
From: Fernando Gont <fgont@si6networks.com>
To: "C. M. Heard" <heard@pobox.com>, Ted Lemon <ted.lemon@nominum.com>, Joel Jaeggli <joelja@bogus.com>
Cc: "draft-ietf-opsec-dhcpv6-shield@ietf.org" <draft-ietf-opsec-dhcpv6-shield@ietf.org>, "opsec@ietf.org" <opsec@ietf.org>, "draft-ietf-opsec-dhcpv6-shield.ad@ietf.org" <draft-ietf-opsec-dhcpv6-shield.ad@ietf.org>, "draft-ietf-opsec-dhcpv6-shield.shepherd@ietf.org" <draft-ietf-opsec-dhcpv6-shield.shepherd@ietf.org>, The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>, "opsec-chairs@ietf.org" <opsec-chairs@ietf.org>, "brian.e.carpenter@gmail.com" <brian.e.carpenter@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [OPSEC] Ted Lemon's Discuss on draft-ietf-opsec-dhcpv6-shield-05: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

Hi, Mike,

FWIW, I made exactly the same point during the IESG-review discussions
-- i.e., I agree 100% with what you've said.

IMO, the default should be "drop", since that's the more sensible option
from a security standpoint... and because RFC7045 (the RFC that
clarifies what to do with IPv6 EHs) allows us to do so.

Thanks,
Fernando