Re: Detecting Inactive Neighbors over OSPF - repost

Vivek Dubey <vivekd@FUTURE.FUTSOFT.COM> Sat, 07 June 2003 08:41 UTC

Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2003 14:13:05 +0530
From: Vivek Dubey <vivekd@FUTURE.FUTSOFT.COM>
Subject: Re: Detecting Inactive Neighbors over OSPF - repost
To: OSPF@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM

Hi Acee, Roy:

Section 3.0 in draft-ietf-ospf-hitless-restart-07.txt :
"This means that Y's LSAs continue to list an adjacency
to X over network segment S,regardless of the adjacency's
current synchronization state. "

Section 2.1 draft-ietf-ospf-dc-06.txt
======================================
If no acknowledgement (explicit or implicit) is received for a
predefined period of time, the probing router should treat this as
evidence of the neighbor's unreachability (proving wrong the
assumption of reachability used in [RFC1793]) and should bring the
adjacency down.

Agreeing that "graceful restart" at helper
should "override" the Nbr dead, detected by
"Nbr probing" at helper.

But my concern was, this is not very clear from
draft itself.....implementors might miss it....
so it would be better if it is explicitly mentioned
somewhere.....

But leaving it to discretion of authors.

thanks,
vivek