[P2PSIP] Consensus calls

"David A. Bryan" <dbryan@sipeerior.com> Wed, 28 March 2007 19:51 UTC

DKIM-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:x-google-sender-auth; b=UhpfuQtT5+or/sxM/nKOLzB+1bUeNmt2Aekjr0kvBqnxoohwnTwZy2vQ6NsBdhjwzmHGKK0v+1OoVjtDWv+ItDgg5o+jWku2oIdNO0Ap+/67BRNwd6cTYKpC7X9EC0+vkL3jZ2Uxg2RL7hok7OE1xUOCPXX/+WR1WXSEg+8Cr7k=
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 15:50:56 -0400
From: "David A. Bryan" <dbryan@sipeerior.com>
Subject: [P2PSIP] Consensus calls

There were a few hums taken at the meeting at IETF 68 in Prague, and I
would like to ask the list their thoughts on these, so that we can
truly say we have consensus on them and move on. Absence of comment
for a few days will be assumed to be agreement with the (nearly 200)
folks present.

1) With respect to draft-willis-p2psip-concepts-03, we took a hum and
agreed to adopt it as a WG item and as a start toward the overview
document mentioned in our charter. We further decided it will not be
immediately submitted to the IESG, but rather evolve to document the
decisions we make. That is, it will continue to reflect the consensus
and outline as that evolves.

2) We took a hum and agreed to design the peer protocol in such a way
that multiple DHTs could be used by the protocol, but only one at a
time (not simultaneous use of more than one within a particular
overlay). We further agreed we would have one or a very small number
of must-implement DHTs, to be determined later, for compatibility. Hum
was majority agreed, few dissent.

3) Took a hum that we should have some mechanism that allows an
unmodified SIP UA to connect to a DHT using some sort of adaptor. We
did not specify the protocols for it, how it would look etc -- just
that we want to include this functionality. Positive response to the
hum.

Again, if any of this is something you disagree with, please discuss.

Thanks,

David

--
David A. Bryan