[p2p-sip] P2PSIP, Kademlia and caching

henry at pulver.com (Henry Sinnreich) Fri, 26 May 2006 16:33 UTC

From: "henry at pulver.com"
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 11:33:23 -0500
Subject: [p2p-sip] P2PSIP, Kademlia and caching

The DHT layer can be (1) inside the SIP Peer UAs as suggested by Eunsoo
Shim:

http://www.p2psip.org/drafts/draft-shim-sipping-p2p-arch-00.txt

See Fig. 2

...or (2) just to start, one can use openDHT as an emerging _DHT service_.

I guess we need to evaluate the criteria what to use in the DHT layer.
SIP in the DHT layer is wrong IMHO. This is explained in:

http://www.p2psip.org/drafts/draft-shim-sipping-p2p-arch-00.txt

Thanks, Henry