RE: [P2PSIP] RE:

"Henry Sinnreich" <hsinnrei@adobe.com> Mon, 05 March 2007 17:52 UTC

Subject: RE: [P2PSIP] RE:
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 08:29:59 -0800
From: Henry Sinnreich <hsinnrei@adobe.com>
To: EdPimentl <edpimentl@gmail.com>, JiangXingFeng <jiang.x.f@huawei.com>

Ed Pimentel wrote:

>Why are we using OpenDHT as an example, when currently OpenDHT method of >putting bits on the wired is not compliant with the drafts being >discussed.

This is a good and also important question that will require some work to answer properly. Please see one alternative:

http://tools.ietf.org/wg/sip/draft-singh-p2p-sip-01.txt

 though I want to make it clear I am not married to this approach or any other submitted so far.

Now that the P2P SIP WG has quite a number of proposals, including the above, I would like to see a paper on the design options and a comparison of the pros and cons of the various concepts.

This is probably the most important decision this WG will make and such a decision deserves a formal comparison paper and thorough discussions.

We may be attached (or even invested in) to one proposal or another, but do we want to fail by rushing into the wrong decision?

What do you all think? Take a hum during the meeting?
(Paper on design choices)

Thanks, Henry