Re: [paws] need for DB initialization message

"Rosen, Brian" <Brian.Rosen@neustar.biz> Mon, 13 August 2012 17:58 UTC

From: "Rosen, Brian" <Brian.Rosen@neustar.biz>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 13:58:30 -0400
acceptlanguage: en-US
x-ems-proccessed: R64IxjzeHPwwd+efoj3ZcA==
x-ems-stamp: coh4EqUIIzrDAVZAckIxrw==
To: "'basavaraj.patil@nokia.com'" <basavaraj.patil@nokia.com>, "'peter.mccann@huawei.com'" <peter.mccann@huawei.com>, "'jmh@joelhalpern.com'" <jmh@joelhalpern.com>, "'gabor.bajko@nokia.com'" <gabor.bajko@nokia.com>
Cc: "'paws@ietf.org'" <paws@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [paws] need for DB initialization message

in what way is it overkill?  You pass a location and a short URN in, using a simple HTTP exchange, and you get a (set of) URIs out.  The extra stuff it does (like recur/iterate) is useful.  About the only feature we don't need is validate, which is trivial to not support (since it's optional).

Please cite a specific aspect of LoST which is overkill for us.

Brian <as individual>