Re: [paws] need for DB initialization message

"Joel M. Halpern" <jmh@joelhalpern.com> Sat, 11 August 2012 00:17 UTC

Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 20:17:16 -0400
From: "Joel M. Halpern" <jmh@joelhalpern.com>
To: Gabor.Bajko@nokia.com
Cc: paws@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [paws] need for DB initialization message

The master has to know its location in geographic coordinates (GPS,
etc.)   As far as I know, we have not assumed that the maps to translate
that into political domains are known to the master a priori.

There are deployment scenarios (cell towers come to mind) where the
master can probably be provisioned with the right administrative
information.  There are other scenarios where that is not obviously
achievable.

Yours,
Joel