Re: [paws] need for DB initialization message

<Basavaraj.Patil@nokia.com> Mon, 13 August 2012 16:56 UTC

From: Basavaraj.Patil@nokia.com
To: Gabor.Bajko@nokia.com, paws@ietf.org
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 16:56:17 +0000
x-originating-ip: [87.254.201.157]
Subject: Re: [paws] need for DB initialization message

Hi Gabor,

You stated below:
>The current DB discovery mechanism described in
>http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-probasco-paws-discovery-01.txt assumes that
>the master knows its location before performing DB discovery;

That¹s not how we intended it in the I-D.
The master device knows about the address associated with a database
discovery server. The master device has awareness such as CellIDs or SSIDs
or GPS co-ordinates etc which it sends to the database discovery server.
The database discovery server can use such information to identify the
devices current location and/or regulatory domain.

-Raj