RE: [Pce] draft-leroux-pce-of-00.txt

"LE ROUX Jean-Louis RD-CORE-LAN" <jeanlouis.leroux@orange-ftgroup.com> Wed, 14 March 2007 22:38 UTC

Subject: RE: [Pce] draft-leroux-pce-of-00.txt
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 23:37:42 +0100
From: LE ROUX Jean-Louis RD-CORE-LAN <jeanlouis.leroux@orange-ftgroup.com>
To: "ASH, GERALD R, ATTLABS" <gash@att.com>, pce@ietf.org

Hi Jerry,

In montreal we indicated that objective functions would not be covered in the base PCEP spec.
There was no objection. This was recalled in San Diego, again no objection...

> You say that PCEP is 'stable' so you don't want to add them
> there?

What I say is that this would create dependancy between PCEP and OF drafts which is not good. The base PCEP draft should not have any dependancy with other drafts.

> Does that mean no further changes to PCEP before
> WGLC?

Definitely no!

But, again, note that it was agreed that objective functions would not be covered in the base spec.

> If so, the omission would be brought up during WGLC as
> an important gap in PCEP.

As far as I know in 4657 we don't say that all MUST requirements MUST be covered in the same document...

> You don't want them in the OF draft, OK, your call.
>
> Finally, once again, I don't think other new drafts (e.g.,
> draft-lee-pce-global-concurrent-optimization-02.txt) that
> specify perhaps *new* PCEP requirements, should be satisfying
> the original RFC 4657 PCECP requirements on PCEP.

Why?

Draft-lee specifies two objective functions listed in 4657, where is the problem?

> You also
> say 'We can add other synchronized objective functions in the
> next revision of the gco draft.'  I don't think that's the
> right place to satisfy the PCECP requirements.

Why?

>  And
> furthermore you say that yet another draft 'would define a
> set of straightforward unsynchronized objective functions
> including those we listed in 4657.'  It doesn't make sense
> IMO, rather, all 6 of these objective functions should be
> specified in the PCEP document.
>
> It would be good to have other opinions on this.

Regards,

JL