Re: [PCN] IESG feedback from 3-in-1 encoding/ encoding comparison

Bob Briscoe <bob.briscoe@bt.com> Sun, 11 March 2012 16:00 UTC

Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 14:39:28 +0000
To: Steven Blake <slblake@petri-meat.com>
From: Bob Briscoe <bob.briscoe@bt.com>
Cc: pcn@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [PCN] IESG feedback from 3-in-1 encoding/ encoding comparison

Steve,

I got the impression most people (including you) were converging on
not publishing psdm & 3-state as historical RFCs (unnec hassle for
authors, IESG, GEN-ART etc). But then your latest message below seems
to imply it is decided that we will.

We can publish as historical if people want (personally I've already
said I don't see the need). However, it would be useful to have a
decision whether to go ahead by early tomorrow to give us a fighting chance.

Bob