Re: [pcp] FW: New Version Notification for draft-vinapamula-flow-ha-01.txt

<mohamed.boucadair@orange.com> Mon, 18 August 2014 09:03 UTC

From: mohamed.boucadair@orange.com
To: "Tirumaleswar Reddy (tireddy)" <tireddy@cisco.com>, Suresh Kumar Vinapamula Venkata <sureshk@juniper.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 09:03:30 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.168.234.5]
Cc: "pcp@ietf.org" <pcp@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [pcp] FW: New Version Notification for draft-vinapamula-flow-ha-01.txt

Hi all,

I do agree with Tiru that an option would be more appropriate than associating a meaning with a reserved bit.

For example: when used with PREFER_FAILURE, a client can be aware if its request has been honored by the server. This can be used for example to trigger counter measures by the PCP client such duplicating entries when several servers are available, shorten the lifetime for this mapping, etc.

Cheers,
Med