RE: [Policy] RE: PCELS position

"Joel M. Halpern" <joel@stevecrocker.com> Mon, 22 September 2003 14:33 UTC

Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 10:30:30 -0400
To: David McTavish <dmctavish@sandvine.com>, "'Wijnen, Bert (Bert)'" <bwijnen@lucent.com>, "'Pana, Mircea'" <mpana@metasolv.com>, "'policy@ietf.org'" <policy@ietf.org>
From: "Joel M. Halpern" <joel@stevecrocker.com>
Subject: RE: [Policy] RE: PCELS position
Cc: 'John Strassner' <John.Strassner@intelliden.com>
Sender: policy-admin@ietf.org

We need to be very clear about the separation of issues.

We are having a useful discussion about how to best represent PCIMe in
LDAP.  There are a number of properties of LDAP that affect this
representation.

At the same time it should be understood by all participants that the
working group made an explicit decision to make some incompatible model
changes in crafting PCIMe.  While not everyone agreed with either the
problems that prompted this decision or the decision itself, it did
represent the rough consensus of the working group.  LDAP issues are not a
primary driver for model structure.  Hence, I would not tend to consider
LDAP issues to be a driver for reopening the discussion about changing the
core model.

If there are model level issues that were not known or discussed at the
time the decision was made, we can look into re-opening the
discussion.  However, if we do this I will need to attempt to bring back
into the discussion the other interested parties who brought forward
concerns at the time (for example IPSP.)

Yours,
Joel M. Halpern, speaking as co-chair.