RE: [Policy] RE: PCELS position

John Strassner <John.Strassner@intelliden.com> Fri, 26 September 2003 22:26 UTC

From: John Strassner <John.Strassner@intelliden.com>
To: 'Robert Moore' <remoore@us.ibm.com>, 'David McTavish' <dmctavish@sandvine.com>
Cc: "'Wijnen, Bert (Bert)'" <bwijnen@lucent.com>, 'David McTavish' <dmctavish@sandvine.com>, "'Joel M. Halpern'" <joel@stevecrocker.com>, John Strassner <John.Strassner@intelliden.com>, "'Pana, Mircea'" <mpana@metasolv.com>, "'policy@ietf.org'" <policy@ietf.org>, "'policy-admin@ietf.org'" <policy-admin@ietf.org>
Subject: RE: [Policy] RE: PCELS position
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 11:51:01 -0600
Sender: policy-admin@ietf.org

I'm saying:

  1) that an information model should not be driven by the
     concerns of a single data model, and
  2) I do not believe that the word "reuse" applies when an
     attribute is defined in one class, with one set of
     semantics, and then is blopped into a new class with
     completely different semantics. That is what I meant
     by stealing an OID.

regards,
John

John C. Strassner