Re: [port-srv-reg] FW: Merging Stuart's registry with port-numbers

"David Harrington" <ietfdbh@comcast.net> Wed, 13 April 2011 06:23 UTC

From: David Harrington <ietfdbh@comcast.net>
To: 'Joe Touch' <touch@isi.edu>, 'Michelle Cotton' <michelle.cotton@icann.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 08:22:46 +0200
Cc: port-srv-reg@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [port-srv-reg] FW: Merging Stuart's registry with port-numbers

Overnight, I came to a similar conclusion about _tcp vs _udp.

We don't actually want the service tied to a specific transport, but I
like Joe's justification - which protocol will be used to do the
lookup. I think the document might do well to explain the tcp vs udp
issue as the name resolution transport. Does that make sense to
others?

dbh

ipanoramii.com>