Re: [RAI] How to exchange metadata about the media streams established with a SIP session

"Ravindran, Parthasarathi" <pravindran@sonusnet.com> Tue, 24 April 2012 09:34 UTC

From: "Ravindran, Parthasarathi" <pravindran@sonusnet.com>
To: "Hutton, Andrew" <andrew.hutton@siemens-enterprise.com>, Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@alum.mit.edu>, "rai@ietf.org" <rai@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 09:34:31 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.70.54.41]
Subject: Re: [RAI] How to exchange metadata about the media streams established with a SIP session

I agree with Andy as defining the metadata for SIPREC itself took
nearly 2 years by now, slowly folks understand SIPREC metadata model
and now we are discussing about SIPREC XML usage with individual
implementation.

In case we are aiming at come up with the common metadata model
for RTCWeb and SIPREC, then it takes ages as recording
is outside the scope of RTCWeb 1.0 usecases and XML vs. JSON will be
just a debate.

I understand the importance of CLUE signaling metadata & SIPREC
metadata to have commonality in the usage as both are based on SIP and
also SIPREC RTP usage with CLUE media & media-signaling metadata as
some of the telepresence entities may wish to record telepresence
session using SIPREC mechanism. I guess that it will be better to forward
SIPREC metadata draft, SIPREC RTP usage draft to CLUE folks to
understand any CLUE specific attributes has to be added. But I'm not sure
whether CLUE is in the state to provide those inputs at this moment.

Also, SIPREC may not require SCTP over UDP transport as most of the
deployed recording is based on UDP or TCP transport and there is no real
recording requirement to change SIP transport.

Thanks
Partha