Re: [regext] OK, What Next? (was RDAP Extensions Approach Analysis v2)

Antoin Verschuren <ietf@antoin.nl> Mon, 18 July 2022 14:46 UTC

From: Antoin Verschuren <ietf@antoin.nl>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 16:45:26 +0200
To: "regext@ietf.org" <regext@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [regext] OK, What Next? (was RDAP Extensions Approach Analysis v2)

Hi all,

Sorry for not responding to this earlier, but after an extended vacation it took me quite some time to digest the discussion and form an opinion.

We would like you to know that I have published the agenda for IETF114, and we have reserved a 30 minutes discussion on this topic.

We would like to thank Jasdip for his excellent summary, although the chairs feel that apart from registration hassle, running code sort of validates tradeoff discussions between all options in server or client reprogramming, but we miss one important aspect that we are actually here to judge about, and that is protocol simplicity.

I have my personal opinion about that as everyone, that I will share in a separate post, but for now, please prepare for a discussion during the meeting so the current documents waiting for a resolution can progress after the meeting.

Regards,

Jim and Antoin