Re: [regext] Minutes for meeting at IETF95 in Buenos Aires

"Marc Blanchet" <marc.blanchet@viagenie.ca> Wed, 06 April 2016 14:02 UTC

From: Marc Blanchet <marc.blanchet@viagenie.ca>
To: James Galvin <galvin@elistx.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2016 11:02:14 -0300
Cc: Alexander Mayrhofer <alexander.mayrhofer@nic.at>, Ulrich Wisser <ulrich@wisser.se>, "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck@verisign.com>, "regext@ietf.org" <regext@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [regext] Minutes for meeting at IETF95 in Buenos Aires

On 6 Apr 2016, at 10:52, James Galvin wrote:

> As Antoin said, we had agreed at the last meeting that we would move
> to have the draft’s renamed to more directly reflect that they are a
> working group document.
>
> I have since learned that this is not strictly necessary.  The
> documents are listed in the charter and when the working group adopted
> the charter it thus adopted the documents.

right, but it is way more easier for people to find those when the
following conventions are used (for example, that triggers getting
listed in the data tracker under other related documents, which is quite
useful):
- individual draft targeted to this working group:
draft-yourname-regext-yourstuff-XX
- wg drafts: draft-ietf-regext-yourstuff-XX

Especially since we have a long list of drafts and somewhat « long »
period to process them.

my 2 cents, Marc.