[rfc-i] Scaling factors for graphics

masinter at adobe.com (Larry Masinter) Mon, 14 July 2014 14:08 UTC

From: "masinter at adobe.com"
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 14:08:19 +0000
Subject: [rfc-i] Scaling factors for graphics

Whether figures are legible and useful at the resolution offered is an editorial decision that cannot be completely automated, although some guidelines might help.

For I-Ds the authors should optimize, and reviewers should review, the effectiveness of the figures in various renditions.

For RFCs, should the RFC editor get enough source to be able to do the kind of editing publishers do for technical publications? To resize (or float) figures when it would aid comprehension or utility?