Re: [Roll] RPL Status

"Anders Brandt" <abr@sdesigns.dk> Tue, 18 May 2010 10:12 UTC

Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 12:11:50 +0200
From: Anders Brandt <abr@sdesigns.dk>
To: JP Vasseur <jpv@cisco.com>, roll WG <roll@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Roll] RPL Status

hi JP

________________________________

	From: roll-bounces@ietf.org [mailto:roll-bounces@ietf.org] On
Behalf Of JP Vasseur
	Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 11:48
	To: roll WG
	Subject: [Roll] RPL Status

	Dear WG,

	Here is a quick status. First, we would like to thank the WG
again for the continuous effort and lots of fruitful and productive work
! As discussed in Anaheim, the plan is still to Last Call RPL before the
next IETF. The plan is to release the next revision of the RPL I-D by
end of next week. Rev-08 will  address the following:

	1) Security section (integrating the work on the security DT)
	2) New DAO mechanism (cleaner and more simple), as agreed on the
Mailing List
	3) Basic source routing  => See also companion drafts to be
published very soon for (RH-0 like)
	4) Updated manageability section
	5) DAO ACK
	6) Trickle algorithm removed from the core specification (in a
separate doc), Examples removed
	7) Several Edits, clarifications, ...

	I had a discussion with David, and the plan is to have the P2P a
separate ID (the current RPL specification provides basic P2P, with
"advanced" P2P defined in that I-D), with the objective to progress both
documents in parallel.

May I suggest:
(the current RPL specification provides rudimentary P2P, with the
required and sufficient P2P defined in that I-D)

;-)

	What else ?
	We need to progress a few other documents:
	1) Use of the RPL TLV: see draft-hui-6man-rpl-option (6man WG)
	2) Source routing header (RH-0 like): to be published soon
(Jonathan/David)
	3) RPL Variables (ticket #22)
	4) ID related to measurement from P2P (if consensus on Mailing
list)

	Looking forward to your comments as soon as rev-08 will be
published.

	Thanks.

	JP and David.