Re: [Roll] Draft Agenda

QIU Ying <qiuying@i2r.a-star.edu.sg> Thu, 01 November 2012 07:39 UTC

From: QIU Ying <qiuying@i2r.a-star.edu.sg>
To: 'Philip Levis' <pal@cs.stanford.edu>, 'Michael Richardson' <mcr+ietf@sandelman.ca>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2012 15:45:59 +0800
Cc: 'JeongGil Ko' <jeonggil.ko@etri.re.kr>, roll@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Roll] Draft Agenda

I support Michael's priority order. But according to the current agenda, we
remain almost half time space for nothing.

Also agree Philip's point that "the goal of the presentation is to clearly
state the points for discussion". For example, without Tero presentation on
in last Vancouver meeting, which topic was not discussed in mail list before
the meeting, we might not pay much attention on the progress of IEEE
802.15.9. Tero's slides give a good discussion point if the ROLL documents
should be compatible with IEEE 802.15.9. Hence, the update of KEMP is the
produce of the consideration.

In personally, I do not like this KMP Information Element format designed by
IEEE 802.15.9 WG. In LLNs, we struggle every bit in transmission, but the
KMP format too complicated with many chian information in order to flexible.
It's the discussion point I would like to bring to discuss in WG meeting.

MRC> If it's not, then we don't need to discuss it.
Since KEMP has not got positive or negative feedback, it seems likes
controversial :) So, is it time for chairs to raise a consensus call? ;)

Regards
Qiu Ying