Re: [rtcweb] AVPF vs AVP

Christer Holmberg <christer.holmberg@ericsson.com> Fri, 16 September 2011 05:48 UTC

From: Christer Holmberg <christer.holmberg@ericsson.com>
To: Roni Even <ron.even.tlv@gmail.com>, Magnus Westerlund <magnus.westerlund@ericsson.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 07:50:31 +0200
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "rtcweb@ietf.org" <rtcweb@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] AVPF vs AVP

Hi,

>I can agree that if you are doing video call you must send
>AVPF regardless if you are talking with this type of systems
>that you call "not legacy" or systems that you call "legacy".
>This must be a MUST in the text otherwise the so called
>"legacy" end point will think it is AVP and will not send
>feedback messages which will break video conferencing applications.

If the video conf app *requires* AVPF, you should include AVPF in the m= line.

The AVP+a=rtcp-fb proposal is an alternative to CapNeg, where there is "built-in" fallback to AVP in case the answerer does not support AVPF.

And, IF we choose to go forward with this proposal, it should also be adopted by CLUE.

Regards,

Christer