RE: BFD stability follow-up from IETF-91

"Fan, Peng" <fanpeng@chinamobile.com> Mon, 01 December 2014 12:44 UTC

From: "Fan, Peng" <fanpeng@chinamobile.com>
To: 'Gregory Mirsky' <gregory.mirsky@ericsson.com>, "'MALLIK MUDIGONDA (mmudigon)'" <mmudigon@cisco.com>, rtg-bfd@ietf.org
Subject: RE: BFD stability follow-up from IETF-91
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 20:43:51 +0800

Hi Gregory,

I was just giving an example :) Application traffic usually cannot stand
small packet loss, not to say 30% loss.

I am actually asking for a debug function that could give us some useful
hints of poor connection with small protocol change, besides the basic
connectivity information. If it measures something, it measures packets of
BFD itself. So I don't expect it to be considered as a performance
measurement tool.

Best regards,

Peng