Re: thoughts on draft-bryant-shand-ipfrr-notvia-addresses-00.txt

Naiming Shen <naiming@cisco.com> Wed, 25 May 2005 20:30 UTC

Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 13:30:25 -0700
From: Naiming Shen <naiming@cisco.com>
To: Alia Atlas <aatlas@avici.com>
Cc: rtgwg@ietf.org
Subject: Re: thoughts on draft-bryant-shand-ipfrr-notvia-addresses-00.txt
Sender: rtgwg-bounces@ietf.org

Hi Alia,

Alia Atlas said the following on 05/17/2005 01:12 PM:
> Hi Naiming,
>
> At 01:58 PM 5/16/2005, Naiming Shen wrote:
>
>> Alia Atlas said the following on 05/16/2005 10:21 AM:
>>
>>> Naiming,
>>> One concern is what precisely is gained by this extension.  It seems
>>> to be removing the overhead of the additional LDP sessions & adding
>>> in the assumption that the LDP labels are allocated per-platform.
>>

>> Correct. Also I added one section on why we use this approach vs.
>> use targeted ldp session in the new version, there is more benefits
>> than you mentioned above.
>

> I'll be interested to read those.

Just announced at:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shen-mpls-ldp-nnhop-label-02.txt,
please take a look and let me know if the new section makes sense.

I forgot to reference the notvia-addr draft in it, will do in next version.
the rest of the comments seem to be LDP protocol specific, i think we could
do in MPLS group. Sorry about the late response from me.

thanks.
- Naiming