Re: [sidr] remote participation experience today

"Sonalker, Anuja" <Anuja.Sonalker@sparta.com> Wed, 28 March 2012 15:05 UTC

From: "Sonalker, Anuja" <Anuja.Sonalker@sparta.com>
To: "sidr@ietf.org" <sidr@ietf.org>, "Murphy, Sandra" <Sandra.Murphy@sparta.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 15:05:02 +0000
x-originating-ip: [157.185.81.182]
Subject: Re: [sidr] remote participation experience today

Hi Sandy, All

I attended the Webex session this morning (Wednesday) and attempted the one on Monday.

Here is my experience:

- Webex session was quick to launch and start today unlike Monday.

- I used the IETF audio stream along with the Webex visual just to get an idea of real-time lag. (And as a backup in case Webex failed today.) Audio was behind with respect to slides by maybe 10-15 seconds.

- The slides kept up very well and in sync with the jabber room logs.

- Audience voices were very clear (I know that's not a Webex thing in my case) and discussion around the room was easy to follow. Plus Jabber logs today were excellent. Together it made for very easy comprehension.

Eyes + Ears + Text  All information streams together worked great to give a great experience.

- My location: Columbia, Maryland, USA (~ Washington DC.)

--Anuja