Re: [Sigtran] SUA v16: TID and DRM labels

"Brian F. G. Bidulock" <bidulock@openss7.org> Thu, 19 February 2004 06:09 UTC

Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 23:06:25 -0700
From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <bidulock@openss7.org>
To: john.loughney@nokia.com
Cc: barryn@adax.com, sigtran@ietf.org, sgilchrist@connetcom.com
Subject: Re: [Sigtran] SUA v16: TID and DRM labels
Sender: sigtran-admin@ietf.org

Barry,

If you look back to the thread "SUA-09: SCCP Connections and TCAP
Transactions" from Dec 2001/Jan 2002, you will find that at that
"late date" it was too late to remove or fix the labels.  In that
thread there was a proposal for a working solution.  The draft was
advanced to IESG LC Feb 2002.  Now, two years later, it is neither
fixed nor removed, and it is still a late date.  At this rate, expect
corrections some time in 2006, if, of course, it is not still too
late by then ;)

I am concerned, however, that the approach is not clearly marked as
optional.  Which it should be and was always intended to be.  That
change can certainly be made before SUA goes out the door (unless
the authors have been stripped ala M3UA).

--brian

John Loughney wrote:                                                                  (Thu, 19 Feb 2004 06:15:23)

Brian F. G. Bidulock
bidulock@openss7.org
http://www.openss7.org/