Re: [Simple] Comments on draft-thomson-simple-cont-presence-val-req-00

"Thomson, Martin" <Martin.Thomson@andrew.com> Mon, 17 November 2008 05:41 UTC

Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 23:41:47 -0600
From: "Thomson, Martin" <Martin.Thomson@andrew.com>
To: Adam Roach <adam@nostrum.com>, Cullen Jennings <fluffy@cisco.com>
Cc: simple@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Simple] Comments on draft-thomson-simple-cont-presence-val-req-00
Sender: simple-bounces@ietf.org

I think that you've drawn on the one major aspect of the draft that I was almost immediately unhappy with.  As you point out, I was probably suckered by the existing examples, which interpreted in isolation paint a very specific picture that doesn't cover this use case.

I think that the types of things you are looking to convey for location are described in my location-quality draft [1].  One important aspect of this is the way that (as described in the draft), you might like uncertainty of 50m, you might settle for less.  I'd like your opinion on how quality "targets" fit into the RFC 4661 schema.  Maybe the sit in a new top-level item alongside <what> or <trigger>.

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-thomson-geopriv-location-quality-01

this email is prohibited.