RE: [Sip] Last Call comments on 2543bis-07

"Drage, Keith (Keith)" <drage@lucent.com> Thu, 07 February 2002 18:47 UTC

From: "Drage, Keith (Keith)" <drage@lucent.com>
To: William Marshall <wtm@research.att.com>, "'mankin@isi.edu'" <mankin@isi.edu>
Cc: Brian.Rosen@marconi.com, rsparks@dynamicsoft.com, sip@ietf.org
Subject: RE: [Sip] Last Call comments on 2543bis-07
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 18:22:54 -0000
Sender: sip-admin@ietf.org

I think there is a good case for keeping normative statements in the bis
draft to SIP implementations (i.e. UAs, proxies, registrars, etc.).

If there is really a need for normative statements on SIP designers, then I
consider this should be in a separate RFC with a separate scope.

I see no need for one document to normatively reference the other.

Therefore we do not need a reference in bis to the tsvar document, nor to
guidelines, nor do we need statements on publishing option-tags in standards
track RFCs.

Of course, it is not quite as simple as this. We do need some statements
about what an implementor implements when he hits token in the BNF, for
example.

Keith

Keith Drage
Lucent Technologies