RE: [Sip] Last Call comments on 2543bis-07

"Rosen, Brian" <Brian.Rosen@marconi.com> Tue, 05 February 2002 16:02 UTC

From: "Rosen, Brian" <Brian.Rosen@marconi.com>
To: 'Robert Sparks' <rsparks@dynamicsoft.com>, William Marshall <wtm@research.att.com>
Cc: sip@ietf.org
Subject: RE: [Sip] Last Call comments on 2543bis-07
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 10:32:03 -0500
Sender: sip-admin@ietf.org

> > 2) Carriers are unfortunately obliged to meet regulatory
> requirements.
> > At least some of these, related to Electronic Surveillance, will not
> > be standardized by IETF (see RFC 2804), though publication is
> > encouraged (presumably as informational RFCs).  However,
> they may require
> > extensions to SIP, and definition of additional headers and
> option tags.
> > It would be unfortunate if this resulting protocol could
> not be called
> > SIP.  This is an ugly subject, granted, and I do not want
> it to delay
> > publication of bis as an RFC.  My proposed resolution of this is
> > to have bis make reference to draft-tsvarea-sipchange-xx for the
> > guidelines of extensions being standard-track RFCs, and have the
> > discussion when that draft is re-issued and last-called.
> > Affects lines 1094-7, 1103-4, 1306-7
>

> I'll let the chairs comment on this.

This chair wouldn't allow bis to be held because of a normative reference
to tsvarea-sipchange, but wouldn't object if that was not a problem.

Brian

*********This message is definitely not confidential and it does not matter
in practice who sees it and whether or not it goes astray. No harm whatever
would come to anyone even if it were published in a national newspaper. I
apologies therefore for the unnecessary and irritating message that may or
may not follow (I don't know because it is invisible to me)!!!!******

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then
attachment, use the contents for any purposes, or disclose the contents to
any other person: to do so could be a breach of confidence.