RE: Comments on draft-camarillo-mmusic-sip-isup-bcp-00.txt

"Tom-PT Taylor" <taylor@nortelnetworks.com> Thu, 18 November 1999 15:21 UTC

From: Tom-PT Taylor <taylor@nortelnetworks.com>
To: "Adam B. Roach" <Adam.Roach@ericsson.com>, Bart Wensley <bartw@nortelnetworks.com>
Cc: Gonzalo.Camarillo@ericsson.com, sip@lists.research.bell-labs.com
Subject: RE: Comments on draft-camarillo-mmusic-sip-isup-bcp-00.txt
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 09:17:54 -0600
Sender: owner-sip@lists.research.bell-labs.com

The SAM solution works if sending ISUP in SIP works.  The basic principle is
this: if too few digits are available at a given stage to locate an egress
gateway, a 484 final response is sent back to the ingress gateway saying so.
The ingress gateway has to wait for more digits, then reissue the INVITE
(with updated encapsulated IAM).  Eventually either the call is found to
terminate on a non-ISUP network (in which case there has to be interworking
somewhere along the signalling path) or it terminates on an egress gateway.
In either case the ingress gateway will forward SAMs via INFO messages to
the point where they are consumed.  (The obvious exception is if the ingress
gateway itself is the point at which interworking must occur.)