Re: Comments on draft-camarillo-mmusic-sip-isup-bcp-00.txt

"Lyndon Ong" <long@nortelnetworks.com> Thu, 18 November 1999 22:17 UTC

Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 14:08:23 -0800
To: Anil Yelundur <yelundur@asl.dl.nec.com>
From: Lyndon Ong <long@nortelnetworks.com>
Subject: Re: Comments on draft-camarillo-mmusic-sip-isup-bcp-00.txt
Cc: sip@lists.research.bell-labs.com
Sender: owner-sip@lists.research.bell-labs.com

You definitely need multiple SAMs in ISUP, since you may need to send several additional digits in the address - if you could send them all in one SAM, you could equivalently send them in the first IAM.

2 cents: The INVITE-based solution seems most in keeping with SIP procedures, since you are not sending end-to-end information, but information that is affecting the processing of the session.

Encapsulating the SAM might help reduce the processing needed at the far-end gateway, as opposed to generating new SAMs there, but that might not work in some cases, e.g., if you have different ISUPs at each end, or something other than ISUP at the far end.

Cheers,

L. Ong