Re: [sipcore] Updated 4244bis and new call flow document

<R.Jesske@telekom.de> Fri, 23 July 2010 09:15 UTC

Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 11:15:21 +0200
From: R.Jesske@telekom.de
To: mary.ietf.barnes@gmail.com, sipcore@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [sipcore] Updated 4244bis and new call flow document

Hi Mary,
With regard to your question for comments/review, I went thought the draft.

For http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-sipcore-rfc4244bis-01.txt

I have the following comments:

6.3.2.  Privacy in the History-Info Header

If the requestor has indicated a priv-
   value of "session" or "header" in the request, all History-Info
   entries MUST be anonymized when the request leaves a domain for which
   the intermediary is responsible.

In this section it is mentioned that the entries must be anonymized when leaving the domain. I thought that if a trust relationship between domains are existing and the following domain secures the "privacy" then the information could be forwarded and will then deleted by the succeeding domain before reaching the terminating user.
Some regulators are requesting to pass identities until the last domain where it is possible to execute the privacy regarding RFC3323. So I think this is a MAY based on domain policy. And it is a MUST when the succeeding network cannot guarantee the privacy.

Or do I misunderstand the meaning of "domain for which the intermediary is responsible"

 The Rest of the document looks good for me.

Best Regards

Roland

Deutsche Telekom Netzproduktion GmbH
Fixed Mobile Engineering Deutschland
Roland Jesske
Heinrich-Hertz-Straße 3-7, 64295 Darmstadt
+49 6151 628-2766 (Tel.)
+49 521 9210-3753  (Fax)
+49 171 8618-445  (Mobil)
E-Mail: r.jesske@telekom.de
www.telekom.com

Erleben, was verbindet.

Deutsche Telekom Netzproduktion GmbH
Aufsichtsrat: Dr. Steffen Roehn (Vorsitzender)
Geschäftsführung: Dr. Bruno Jacobfeuerborn (Vorsitzender), Albert Matheis, Klaus Peren
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn HRB 14190
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bonn
USt-IdNr. DE 814645262

Große Veränderungen fangen klein an - Ressourcen schonen und nicht jede E-Mail drucken.