Re: [sipcore] Reviewers needed for new music-on-hold technique

"Elwell, John" <john.elwell@siemens-enterprise.com> Fri, 19 August 2011 06:23 UTC

From: "Elwell, John" <john.elwell@siemens-enterprise.com>
To: "Worley, Dale R (Dale)" <dworley@avaya.com>, "sipcore@ietf.org" <sipcore@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 08:24:02 +0200
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [sipcore] Reviewers needed for new music-on-hold technique

[JRE] Nothing that can't be dealt with relatively easily, but perhaps some mention is needed. Don't forget that hold (in terms of SDP directionality indications) can be on a per medium basis. I guess if the remote UA offers audio and video and the executing UA only wants to hold audio, it would need to manipulate the SDP such that only audio is offered to the MOH source, and then when the answer is received, add in its own video description before forwarding the answer to the remote UA. Or if the executing UA forwards both audio and video to the MOH source and the MOH source rejects video, the executing UA might want to send inactive to the remote UA rather than passing on the rejection.

John

John Elwell
Tel: +44 1908 817801 (office and mobile)
Email: john.elwell@siemens-enterprise.com
http://www.siemens-enterprise.com/uk/

Siemens Enterprise Communications Limited.
Registered office: Brickhill Street, Willen Lake, Milton Keynes, MK15 0DJ.
Registered No: 5903714, England.

Siemens Enterprise Communications Limited is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.