Re: [siprec] Adoption of material fromdraft-ram-siprec-metadata-format-02

Leon Portman <Leon.Portman@nice.com> Tue, 21 June 2011 09:02 UTC

From: Leon Portman <Leon.Portman@nice.com>
To: Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@cisco.com>, "siprec@ietf.org" <siprec@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 12:02:08 +0300
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [siprec] Adoption of material fromdraft-ram-siprec-metadata-format-02

Actually we had lot of discussion about this issue (metadata over SIP or over dedicated web service/HTTP) both internally and with partners.

Main advantages  (what I remember ) for SIP approach are as follows:
1. Simplicity, only one interface to implement, troubleshoot, secure and configure between SRC and SRS
2. RS SIP request is self-contained, it includes all relevant info in order to SRS to decide how to do recording . For example participants identity, location. So no need for SRS to correlate different messages from different interfaces
3. Footprint on SRC. For some implementation it is not feasible to have both SIP and HTTP stacks

Leon