Re: [splices] Answering a Call Using Two Separate Devices proposal

"Shekh-Yusef, Rifaat (Rifaat)" <rifatyu@avaya.com> Wed, 27 April 2011 15:49 UTC

From: "Shekh-Yusef, Rifaat (Rifaat)" <rifatyu@avaya.com>
To: Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat@cisco.com>, "splices@ietf.org" <splices@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 11:49:34 -0400
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [splices] Answering a Call Using Two Separate Devices proposal

I think that we should try to achieve the second option of the 3 options you listed above.

How about if the PC subscribes to the Desk Phone dialog event package with include-session-description, combined with Peter's idea of slow start INVITE with Join from the PC, as follows:

    | SUBSCRIBE Event: dialog;include-session-description             |
    |-------------------->|                     |                     |
    | 200                 |                     |                     |
    |<--------------------|                     |                     |
    | NOTIFY [100 Trying] |                     |                     |
    |<--------------------|                     |                     |
    | OK                  |                     |                     |
    |-------------------->|                     |                     |

(*)
    |                     |                     |                     |
    |                     |                     |                     |
    |                     |                     |                     |
The following is a re-INVITE from the remote party (Bob) to add video
to the existing audio call
    |                     |                     |                     |
    |                     |                     | INVITE Alice [A/V]  |
    |                     |                     |<--------------------|
    |                     | INVITE Alice [A/V]  |                     |
    |                     |<--------------------|                     |
    |                     | 100 Trying          |                     |
    |                     |-------------------->|                     |
    |                     |                     | 100 Trying          |
    |                     |                     |-------------------->|
    |                     |                     |                     |
    |                     |                     |                     |
The PC gets a notification of the new incoming call and the fact that it
is video call.
    | NOTIFY dialog-info with session description                     |
    |<--------------------|                     |                     |
    | 200 OK              |                     |                     |
    |-------------------->|                     |                     |
    |                     |                     |                     |
The PC prompts the user and waits for his response. When the user
accepts the request, the PC initiates a slow start INVITE to the Desk
Phone as follows:
    |                     |                     |                     |
    | INVITE Join dialog1 |                     |                     |
    |-------------------->|                     |                     |
    | 200 [Video]         |                     |                     |
    | ACK [Video]         |                     |                     |
    |                     | 200 OK [A/V]        |                     |
    |                     |                     | 200 OK [A/V]        |

Regards,
 Rifaat