[Syslog] Terminology was Re: Document shepherd report of AD concerns

"tom.petch" <cfinss@dial.pipex.com> Fri, 16 May 2008 15:42 UTC

From: "tom.petch" <cfinss@dial.pipex.com>
To: Pasi.Eronen@nokia.com, ietfdbh@comcast.net, syslog <syslog@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 16:37:16 +0200
Subject: [Syslog] Terminology was Re: Document shepherd report of AD concerns
Sender: syslog-bounces@ietf.org

I think that whatever we say should use consistent terminology.

'Authorization' seems out of place.  I am well familiar with it from SNMP and
isms, as well as from RFC2828, and think that authentication is enough here, as
it is for TLS documents and syslog-protocol.

client and transport sender get used interchangeably, which I think impedes
understanding.  After the initial paranthetic reference to client and server in
this section, I think that we should only use transport sender and transport
receiver.

Tom Petch