Re: [tcpm] Persist condition clarification draft, now "clarification of sending behavior" draft - comments solicited

"Eddy, Wesley M. (GRC-RCN0)[VZ]" <wesley.m.eddy@nasa.gov> Mon, 04 August 2008 03:07 UTC

Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2008 22:07:53 -0500
From: "Eddy, Wesley M. (GRC-RCN0)[VZ]" <wesley.m.eddy@nasa.gov>
To: Mahesh Jethanandani <mahesh@cisco.com>, tcpm@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [tcpm] Persist condition clarification draft, now "clarification of sending behavior" draft - comments solicited
Sender: tcpm-bounces@ietf.org

Thanks for sending the text.  As just a TCPM participant: I've read
it, and I don't have any major problem with it, though there are
some editorial items I noticed.  I'm personally in-favor of sending
it through TCPM.  It seems very non-controversial to me in its
conclusion and the examination of existing code seemed to show that
it made sense to lay out in an RFC rather than just trusting that
implementers will understand 1122 and the potential for DoS if they
don't have some mechanism for reaping TCBs stalled in persist.

As TCPM co-chair, I hope other people will chime in for or against
taking this on as a WG item in the next couple weeks.