[therightkey] How many documents?

Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie> Fri, 26 October 2012 16:17 UTC

Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 17:16:32 +0100
From: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>
To: "therightkey@ietf.org" <therightkey@ietf.org>
Subject: [therightkey] How many documents?

Hiya,

I know we're not having a wg-forming BoF but there's a
thing I think I'd like to see discussed at or before
the BoF that'd normally be part of a wg-forming BoF but
is still worth doing now. (Discussing this on the list
since we've all read the draft is even better of
course:-)

Assuming for the moment that we do go ahead and
standardise CT, how many documents (RFCs) ought be
used to document that?

If the answer turns out to be one, then it might be more
efficient to process CT as an AD sponsored draft, so if
your answer to the above is 1, then I'd like input about
doing that or not doing that.

If the answer is more than one, then what might those
be, and are there dependencies on other IETF WGs or
external groups? Clearly, if the answer is more than
one non-wg draft, that means that AD sponsoring is
less likely and a WG is likely needed. If you think
this is the case, it'd be good to see your suggestion
for what RFCs ought be produced.

I guess I'm sort of asking for suggestions as to what
milestones a WG might adopt if we were to form one.
I do realise that this is only part of the discussion
that we need to have, and is contingent on us wanting
to do something with CT, but I've not seen it raised
so far, so thought I'd kick that off.

If you're not sure about the process parts of the
above (e.g. "AD sponsored") please just ask. Paul
or I can answer that.

Thanks,
S.

PS: Its ok to give your answer to this even if you
think that CT should not be standardised in the IETF.
If that's the case maybe say so if you want.