RE: TRIGTRAN Security Considerations (was: RE: [Trigtran] TRIGTRAN Nextsteps ("let the games begin"))

john.loughney@nokia.com Tue, 14 January 2003 07:11 UTC

From: john.loughney@nokia.com
Subject: RE: TRIGTRAN Security Considerations (was: RE: [Trigtran] TRIGTRAN Nextsteps ("let the games begin"))
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 09:11:27 +0200
To: sdawkins@cynetanetworks.com, trigtran@ietf.org
Sender: trigtran-admin@ietf.org

Spencer,

Quick question - in a number of wireless networks, there can be spurious time-outs
due to radio unavailability (or bad layer 2/3 coupling).  Quite often, this can
kick-off a chain of events, along the line of time-out -> tcp abort -> application
protocol tear-down, security association tear-down.  Can TRIGTRAN also be used to
prevent unnescessary tear-downs (a sort of - hold on, don't disconnect quite yet
message)? If so, your text below might need to be updated slightly.

thanks,
John