Re: [Txauth] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on charter-ietf-gnap-00-00: (with COMMENT)

Denis <denis.ietf@free.fr> Wed, 24 June 2020 16:45 UTC

To: "Eric Vyncke (evyncke)" <evyncke=40cisco.com@dmarc.ietf.org>, Roman Danyliw <rdd@cert.org>, The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: "gnap-chairs@ietf.org" <gnap-chairs@ietf.org>, "txauth@ietf.org" <txauth@ietf.org>
From: Denis <denis.ietf@free.fr>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 18:38:20 +0200
Subject: Re: [Txauth] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on charter-ietf-gnap-00-00: (with COMMENT)

Hello Eric,

I reply as a member of this BoF. You are perfectly right when you write:

    "The charter itself is rather verbose, sometimes convoluted, and
    often directive (looking like the charter is about rubber stamping
    existing work)".

The charter is far too long and not understandable (at least to me). I
also got the impression that its goal is to rubber stamp two existing
proposals.

The charter is missing to explain the trust relationships and the
privacy properties that will form the basis of the model and the major
architecture differences
(if any) with OAuth 2.0.

I have some difficulties to understand how the replies you got are now
making "everything clear for you", since there is no proposal to make
the charter shorter (and clearer).

Denis