Re: [v6ops] transition-ipv4aas: positioning the draft

<mohamed.boucadair@orange.com> Thu, 26 April 2018 07:52 UTC

From: mohamed.boucadair@orange.com
To: JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <jordi.palet@consulintel.es>, V6 Ops List <v6ops@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 07:52:31 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.168.234.2]
Subject: Re: [v6ops] transition-ipv4aas: positioning the draft

Re-,

..but you have also this "The IPv6 Transition CE router MUST comply with [RFC7084]" which means that the document is asking to comply with an RFC (that its updates). A cross dependency is to be fixed.

If you want to proceed with the update approach, then you should update:

OLD:
  The IPv6 Transition CE router MUST comply with [RFC7084].

to something which says section 4.4.1 is to be ignored.

An alternate wording would be:

NEW:
  The IPv6 Transition CE router MUST comply with [RFC7084] and its updates.

But again, this is weird given that an "update" is this document.

Cheers,
Med