Re: [v6ops] transition-ipv4aas: positioning the draft

Masanobu Kawashima <kawashimam@vx.jp.nec.com> Thu, 26 April 2018 12:38 UTC

From: Masanobu Kawashima <kawashimam@vx.jp.nec.com>
To: JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <jordi.palet@consulintel.es>, V6 Ops List <v6ops@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 12:37:27 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.3.141.178]
Subject: Re: [v6ops] transition-ipv4aas: positioning the draft

I agree with Jordi.

As for the positioning of this draft and RFC7084, I think following is better
for CPE vendors, ISPs, etc.

- RFC7084bis
  - Delete 6rd and DS-Lite section and refer to "The IPv6 Transition CE router"
    document.
  - Some other minor updates if it is needed.

- 'The IPv6 Transition CE router' (transition-ipv4aas)
  - Include DS-Lite section from RFC7084.

If you want to know IPv6 CE router specs, you will check and comply RFC7084bis,
if you want to focus more on transition technologies, you can check and comply
'The IPv6 Transition CE router' document.

Regards,
Masanobu

 NEC Platforms, Ltd.
 KAWASHIMA Masanobu