Re: [VoT] Vectors of Trust I-D feedback

Rainer Hoerbe <rainer@hoerbe.at> Fri, 31 July 2015 08:44 UTC

From: Rainer Hoerbe <rainer@hoerbe.at>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 10:44:21 +0200
To: Justin Richer <jricher@mit.edu>
Cc: "vot@ietf.org" <vot@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [VoT] Vectors of Trust I-D feedback

See my proposed changes in the attached word document.

Another point:  I wonder if there is consistent understanding wrt. Credential Management  levels. How do people grade strong credentials that rely on a weak recovery mechanisms like eMail and KBA? When multiple C-levels are asserted, they are reducing the risk, but joining session authentication and credential recovery is increasing the risk. I think that VoT should be include a rule how to handle this.

- Rainer