Re: WG notifications of new IDs is causing problems

Spencer Dawkins <spencer@mcsr-labs.org> Fri, 16 November 2007 04:26 UTC

Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 22:26:00 -0600
From: Spencer Dawkins <spencer@mcsr-labs.org>
To: Michael Lee <Michael.Lee@neustar.biz>
Cc: wgchairs@ietf.org, Russ Housley <housley@vigilsec.com>, "Fuller, Barbara" <Barbara.Fuller@neustar.biz>, Jari Arkko <jari.arkko@piuha.net>, "Suleymanova, Dinara" <Dinara.Suleymanova@neustar.biz>
Subject: Re: WG notifications of new IDs is causing problems

Hi, Michael,

It would be helpful to shorten the subject line prefix, no matter where the new version notification in (2) is sent.

I would prefer that the new version notifications in (2) not be sent to the working group mailing list at all,

- since the ID announcement is also sent to the working group mailing list within a minute or two (for the drafts I've submitted in the past 10 days), and

- since the ID announcement includes a URL for the ID, which the new version notifications do not include, so they aren't as useful as the ID announcements are.

Thanks,

Spencer