RE: [XCON] CPCP Requirement: de-activating a conference

"Even, Roni" <roni.even@polycom.co.il> Wed, 14 January 2004 08:34 UTC

From: "Even, Roni" <roni.even@polycom.co.il>
To: "'Drage, Keith (Keith)'" <drage@lucent.com>, "'Rosen, Brian'" <Brian.Rosen@marconi.com>, "Even, Roni" <roni.even@polycom.co.il>
Cc: "'hisham.khartabil@nokia.com'" <hisham.khartabil@nokia.com>, xcon@ietf.org
Subject: RE: [XCON] CPCP Requirement: de-activating a conference
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 10:18:13 +0200
Sender: xcon-admin@ietf.org

Hi,

I did not think that the conference work was also addressing reservation
systems and that is why it is not clear to me why we need the start and stop
time of a conference in CPCP. If conference reservation is in the scope of
the work then we need some more parameters in CPCP for supporting it. We
also need to understand what it may support for example can I give a start
time in 2050, what about next month, can I learn from CPCP what resources
are available at a specific time.  If the start and stop time are only what
they sound and the application is handled by an application server then what
is the difference between having a start and stop time and letting the
application server start the conference when the scheduled time has arrived
Thanks
Roni Even

Roni Even

Polycom Israel