RE: [XCON] CPCP Requirement: de-activating a conference

"Drage, Keith (Keith)" <drage@lucent.com> Wed, 24 December 2003 12:44 UTC

From: "Drage, Keith (Keith)" <drage@lucent.com>
To: "'hisham.khartabil@nokia.com'" <hisham.khartabil@nokia.com>, xcon@ietf.org
Subject: RE: [XCON] CPCP Requirement: de-activating a conference
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 12:31:27 -0000
Sender: xcon-admin@ietf.org

So I think you are basically telling me it is the same state.

I would therefore suggest combining all the requirements in this area into a single requirement - something along the lines of:

START PROPOSAL
The conference administrator can set start and stop times for a conference, or may start and stop the conference on-demand. A conference that is stopped on-demand does not have a programmed stop time removed, and thus if the conference is restarted, that programmed stop time will apply. Start and stop times can be specific (i.e. for a single conference event) or recurring such that the conference occurs e.g. daily, weekly, monthly. Recurring conferences can have the frequency set using an appropriate set of time intervals.
END PROPOSAL

The way this is worded would also allow a conference that is programmed to start later to be started early. This would seem to me to be useful, and the only reason to preclude it would be lack of resources, which could be determined and rejected at the time of making of the request. Of course if the conference has been started early, and then stopped before the start time, it will restart at the programmed start time.

I agree that we can exclude multiple start and stop times (except for the recurring conferences outlined above). If this is a necessity for any user, then it would seem simple enough to programme up multiple conferences, each with their own start and stop times. Maybe we can have a note expressing this in the requirements.

Are we placing any CPCP restrictions on conferences that have already started? I currently see none in the requirements documents so assume that we can add, remove and modify CPCP data when the conference is in progress.

regards

Keith

Keith Drage
Lucent Technologies